REPAIR & SERVICING
STEPS TO A SUCCESSFUL REPAIR / SERVICE
- Bring or send your equipment to us and pay your £40 quotation fee.
- After an initial assesment we will estimate the repair cost and advise an approximate return date.
- If the equipment to repaired will cost less than £40 we will usually refund the difference.
Currently we are operating a fairly quick turnaround, with some repairs even completed within one to two days. We will confirm the estimated lead time when you book in your items.
We offer a 3 month warrantee on our labour costs. Most manufacturers parts warrantee is only 30 days. However we will always be sympathetic and always help in any way we can.
ON-SITE SERVICING, REFURBISHMENT, CLEANING & REPAIR SERVICE
We operate an onsite service which means we can bring an engineer to you to service your equipment.
- We charge a small premium to cover our costs for this service. We charge (per engineer) a £50 call out fee which covers the first Hour then £50 per hour there after.
- This service is currently limited to a 20 mile radius of our Lacey Green base – above and beyond that distance we charge travelling/time at cost (£2 per mile each way)
- Prices are of course negotiable for Large Volume, Club/Bar Refurbishment or Contract work – Please phone us for a competitive quotation!
What we can do!
We have a full Repair And Service department that can service any electrical equipment whatsoever Including all P.A., Lighting, Audio Visual equipment and even most makes of household HiFi, whatever the age or condition! We operate a £40 (inc VAT) Quotation Service which covers the first hour of labour to diagnose and possibly even fix the equipment.
- If a repair is much less than 1 hour, in certain circumstances we may adjust the fee charged.
OUR LABOUR RATES are £40 per hour (or part thereof) after the initial hour – Which includes V.A.T. at the current rate.
We charge manufacturers advertised retail prices for any necessary parts. Plus any postage charges that might be levied by the manufacturer to us. All charges will be itemised at time of quotation and on the final bill. If the item is Beyond Economical Repair (ie: If it is cheaper to replace than repair the item) we will advise accordingly and ask you to collect your unit ASAP.
WHAT EQUIPMENT SHOULD BE TESTED?
WHY TEST YOUR EQUIPMENT?
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
Please give us as much notice as possible when booking. We normally schedule tests well in advance BUT last minute emergency and short notice testing is usually available, we can normally help you as we do enjoy a bit of a challenge!
What we can do!
A Portable Appliance Test is a safety test for just about any item that connects to the mains electricity with a plug. P.A.T. testing of all electrical items used for a professional purpose is strongly advised in several legislations & electrical safety acts. and is increasingly being stipulated by venues and halls. Once an item has passed a P.A.T. test a pass sticker is placed on the item, the date when the item should be re-tested is written on the sticker. A full certificate is then produced for all the items tested. P.A.T. tests should be carried out annually. In the same way a car needs to go through an M.O.T. test once a year, an electrical item should be P.A.T. tested once a year.
We are sorry but due to the sheer number of uncollected repairs and projects, we must now insist on the following terms.
We will notify you when to collect your repair/service item (either verbally in person, by telephone or text, email or letter). If collection is not arranged or if any equipment remains un-collected for a period of more than 14 days after the notified collection date, in the first instance we will charge on a weekly basis then the equipment is likely to be disposed of or sold to recover the costs of Repair, Quotation & Storage.
We reserve the right to charge up to £25 per week charged on a weekly basis for uncollected items until collected.