BOSE L1 Model 1S system with B1 bass and ToneMatch audio engine
Spend less time setting up your gear and more time enjoying it. The new L1? Model 1S portable line array system delivers a potent combination of portability and performance. It’s compact and light enough to make setup quick and easy, yet powerful enough to fill a mid-sized venue. This system works well for solo musicians, bands and public speakers. And the ToneMatch? audio engine provides a suite of studio-class effects and tone-shaping tools to give you just the sound you’re looking for. Includes one B1 bass module for enhanced low-end performance.
Put your PA behind you
The vertical configuration of the system’s small, closely spaced drivers allows the L1? Model 1S system to project sound forward and to the sides?delivering 180-degree coverage?but very little up and down, reducing unwanted reverberation. This produces consistent tonal balance as sound spreads more evenly across the stage and into the audience, and the volume level drops off much more slowly than with a conventional speaker.
Unique Bose? technologies enable the system to serve as both PA and monitor. It can be positioned behind or to the side of the performer?and you hear just what the audience hears. You’re in control, and there’s no need for conventional monitors, mixers and PA systems.
Convenience to go
The three components of the L1? Model 1S system?upper array, lower extension and power stand?connect quickly and easily without the need for separate speaker stands. Setup and breakdown take just minutes. And everything stores neatly into the included carry bags, making transport easy too.
Deep bass from small enclosures
The B1 bass module is our more portable bass option. It is considerably lighter and smaller than conventional bass bins required for the same performance. And it ensures more accurate amplification of lower notes for most voices and instruments.
With the L1? Model 1S system you can add a second B1 module or power one B2 bass module for more flexibility and even greater power.
Powerful multichannel audio engine
Combining the T1 ToneMatch? audio engine with your L1? system expands your options to connect additional instruments and microphones. You can also use the ToneMatch? engine to fine-tune your sound with powerful, proprietary tone-shaping tools.
The compact, four-channel engine provides fingertip control of a library of?ToneMatch? presets. Just touch a button to make hundreds of precise refinements to the sound of instruments and microphones. The engine also features a complete suite of studio-class reverbs, additional effects and dynamics processing. It connects to the L1? Model 1S system via a single digital cable for quick, streamlined setup.
- Spatial Dispersion™ and Articulated Array? speaker technologies in the loudspeaker produce wide, uniform sound coverage. The 12 small drivers are arranged using Articulated Array? speaker technology in a slim, vertical enclosure?creating nearly 180 degrees of horizontal coverage and consistent tonal balance.
- Integrated power amplifiers in the power stand provide clean, precise amplification for L1? Model 1S system with up to two B1 bass modules or one B2 bass module.
- ToneMatch? port on power stand for digital audio and power connection to ToneMatch? audio engine.
- Analogue input, trim control and signal/clip LED for line-level analogue input via 0.63 cm TRS phone cable. Can be used for instruments or other audio sources like DJ mixers, MP3 players, computers or DVD systems.
- Bass module out for amplified bass output signal to the bass module. L1? system automatically adjusts equalisation appropriately when bass modules are connected.
- Interlocking design of the four lightweight components eliminates the need for speaker stands and speaker wires. Setup takes only minutes.
- Retractable legs provide stability for streamlined power stands and loudspeakers. Four retractable legs fold out of power stand simultaneously for quick setup and compact transport.
- Convenient carry bags?one each for the loudspeaker, power stand and bass module?make getting to and from your gig that much easier.
B1 bass module
- Highly efficient speaker design features two 5.25″ (13.3 cm), high-output, high-excursion drivers that produce deep, strong bass from a small enclosure. When connected to power stand, active equalisation circuitry automatically adjusts bass signal appropriately.
- Compact, lightweight enclosure is easy to transport, set up and break down. Small footprint takes up considerably less space than traditional bass cabs required for same performance. Interlocking feet let you securely stack up to four modules together on their sides.
ToneMatch? audio engine
- Integrated ToneMatch? audio engine and audio technologies provide four independent channels featuring a library of ToneMatch? instrument and microphone presets, proprietary zEQ and a complete suite of studio-class effects and sound processors.
- Proprietary ToneMatch? presets optimise L1? system to match intended natural sound of specific instruments and vocal mics. More than 100 presets are organised into quick-access banks and can be independently assigned to each channel. Free ongoing updates via USB connection between your computer and ToneMatch? audio engine.
- Proprietary zEQ automatically adjusts the range of tone controls to match your voice or instrument, making it easier to fine tune your sound. Conventional mixers may have fixed EQ ranges that don’t accurately affect desired frequencies when adjusted. But zEQ appropriately redefines low, mid and high frequency ranges of specified sources.
- Single-band ParaEQ centres on frequency you specify for each independent channel. Valuable tool for reshaping problematic frequencies in certain venues.
- Five reverb types (small, medium, large, plate and cavern) available for global assignment, with individual channel controls for decay time, mix level and brightness.
- Three delay types (analogue, digital and tape) can be independently assigned to selected channels, with control over feedback time and mix level for each channel. For example, you can select tape delay for your vocal on channel 1 and analogue delay for your guitar on channel 2.
- Ten modulation effects (three chorus types, two flange types, four phaser types and one vintage tremolo effect) can be independently assigned to selected channels, with control over designated parameters for each channel.
- Seven dynamics processing types (three compressors, limiter, de-esser, kick gate and noise gate) can be assigned to independent channels.
- Scenes allow you to store, recall and edit “snapshots” of all key ToneMatch? audio engine settings at any given time. This feature helps simplify setup when you’re using an L1? system repeatedly in different venues. The engine includes five predefined Bose? scenes, five My scenes and five Shared scenes you can give to other L1? owners.
- Chromatic tuner for convenient tuning of instruments.
- Large backlit display with intuitive layout and easy-to-read text for modes and settings.
- Rotary encoder for quick access to modes, effects and parameters, including ToneMatch? presets, zEQ, ParaEQ, reverbs, delays, modulators, dynamics processing, scenes and tuner. Features clean, circular layout.
- Aux mode (channels 1 ? 3) send channels’ dry, pre-fader or post-fader audio to aux output for connection to additional L1? systems or recording devices. Independent level controls for optimal signal output.
- Channel volume, mute and FX mute (1 ? 4/5) for adjusting individual channel volume, muting individual channels and muting all effects on selected channels.
- Master volume adjusts overall level of master output.
- Phantom power applies 48V power to input channels 1 ? 3 to drive specific microphones.
- ToneMatch? cable transfers audio signals and provides power to ToneMatch? audio engine from L1? power stand.
- Mounting bar and carriage securely attaches ToneMatch? audio engine to L1? loudspeaker.
- Cover and carrying case help protect engine when storing and transporting.
- L1? Model 1S top array:111 cm H x 9 cm W x 10.5 cm D (7.4 kg)
- L1? Model 1S bottom extension:100.6 cm H x 10.6 cm W x 10.5 cm D (3.8 kg)
- L1? Model 1S power stand:12.8 cm H x 26.2 cm W x 69.2 cm D (10.7 kg)
- B1 bass module:38 cm H x 26 cm W x 45 cm D (11.4 kg)
- T1 ToneMatch audio engine:6.76 cm H x 16.6 cm W x 20.9 cm D (1 kg)
- Mic/line inputs (1 – 3) feature combination analogue connectors accepting balanced XLR or unbalanced 0.63 cm TRS audio cables.
- Line inputs (4/5, L/R) for analogue stereo connections to keyboards, mixers and computers. Inputs accept balanced 0.63 cm TRS cable. Edit control affects both channels.
- Trim controls and signal/clip LEDs (1 – 4/5) for adjusting levels of input signals. Green/yellow/red LEDs show signal status and help you set gain levels properly.
- Preamp outputs (1 – 3) for connecting channels’ dry output signals to recording gear or other amplifiers via balanced 0.63 cm TRS cable.
- Aux output can be used with aux mode to create independent submix of channels 1 – 4/5 to route to other amplifiers or recording gear.
- Master analogue output for connecting to additional L1? systems, amplifiers or recording gear via balanced 0.63 cm TRS cable. Select from pre- or post-master volume settings.
- ToneMatch? port to connect digital output of engine to L1? Model 1S power stand via included ToneMatch? digital cable.
- USB port for updating ToneMatch? audio engine and backing up scenes via USB connection to your computer.
In the box
L1? Model 1S single bass package
- L1? Model 1S power stand and cable
- L1? Model 1S top array and bottom extension
- Loudspeaker carrying bag
- Power stand carry bag
- B1 bass module and cable
- B1 slip cover
T1 ToneMatch? audio engine
- T1 ToneMatch? audio engine and cable
- ToneMatch? engine protective cover and carrying bag
- ToneMatch? engine mounting bar and carriage (not compatible with L1? Compact system)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.